Halloween Family Fun Event at Kylemore Abbey and Walled Garden
Saturday October 27th from 2-5 PM
No gore, just real imaginative family fun!
The afternoon includes arts & crafts, storytelling, traditional music, fortune-telling and dance!
Try our Halloween treats and warm yourself around the closing bonfire at 4 PM with some hot chocolate.
Bring along a musical instrument and join in with the festivities!
– Our event kicks of at 2.15pm, where we will cut the ribbon on the Fairy Village with the Fairy Queen.
– We will follow the Fairy Queen into the garden where we will make fairy doors & wands.
– At 3.15pm, Join Head Gardener Anja to set up frog hibernation houses in the garden.
– Between 2-4pm, visit the gardeners cook and the little maid in the head gardeners house for some traditional Halloween fun! Visit the Cailleach in the Bothy House where she casts her spells & tie your lucky charm to the wishing tree! Remember those you love by adding their name to our tree of love and remembrance in the Vinery.
– At 4pm, everyone will meet at the Wishing Tree to join the procession to the Bothy where we will cast our wishes to the sky at our celebration bonfire.
Finish off your evening with a warming cup of hot chocolate & enjoy the music!