Halloween Family Fun Event at Kylemore Abbey and Walled Garden
Saturday October 27th from 2-5 PM
No gore, just real imaginative family fun!
The afternoon includes arts & crafts, storytelling, traditional music, fortune-telling and dance!
Try our Halloween treats and warm yourself around the closing bonfire at 4 PM with some hot chocolate.
Bring along a musical instrument and join in with the festivities!
– Our event kicks of at 2.15pm, where we will cut the ribbon on the Fairy Village with the Fairy Queen.
– We will follow the Fairy Queen into the garden where we will make fairy doors & wands.
– At 3.15pm, Join Head Gardener Anja to set up frog hibernation houses in the garden.
– Between 2-4pm, visit the gardeners cook and the little maid in the head gardeners house for some traditional Halloween fun! Visit the Cailleach in the Bothy House where she casts her spells & tie your lucky charm to the wishing tree! Remember those you love by adding their name to our tree of love and remembrance in the Vinery.
– At 4pm, everyone will meet at the Wishing Tree to join the procession to the Bothy where we will cast our wishes to the sky at our celebration bonfire.
Finish off your evening with a warming cup of hot chocolate & enjoy the music!
A great day at Kylemore Abbey!
We were finalists at the Blas na hEireann Irish Food Awards again this year and won trophy’s for three of our popular products.
Our Dark Chocolate Bar won silver, our Milk Chocolate Macaroon Bar won silver and our Brown Bread Baking Mix won a bronze.
We were also awarded the Best in Galway Trophy for the second time!
Keep an eye out on our Facebook page, we will be running a give-away to celebrate!
with Kerstin Doelle & Kathrin Enzmann
The Gothic Church, Kylemore Abbey
October 14th at 1pm
Included in the cost of your visit ticket
Check out our newly updated YouTube channel. We’ve added new content and categories to make it easier for users to access and navigate. If its your first time visiting Connemara, we’ve got you covered! We’ve uploaded content on accommodation providers in Renvyle, Leenane, Letterfrack & Clifden, both hotels and affordable BnB’s. We’ve also added a playlist detailing things to do and activities nearby. There’s plenty for everyone, including horse riding, scuba-diving, Connemara National Park, an Oyster farm tour and many more. Or if you’d simply just like to lust over the beauty of our stunning rugged landscape, there’s plenty of videos for that too!
If you’d like to keep up to date with whats new in Connemara & Kylemore, don’t forget to hit subscribe!