Originally, the Gothic Church was a place of Anglican worship. Following the arrival of the Benedictine Nuns
to Kylemore, it was re-dedicated as a Catholic Church in 1920. Suffering from neglect, as much of the estate had prior to the Benedictine Nuns arrival, an extensive restoration project was undertaken and completed in 1995 and officially opened by then President of Ireland, Mary Robinson.
Today, as well as hosting special Masses, the neo-Gothic Church is the venue for music recitals, poetry readings, choral performances, and has hosted special events such as Other Voices: Courage.